Makati City Jobs Engineer – Margin Optimization Position at Shell Shared Services (Asia) B.V.
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Our company, Shell Shared Services (Asia) B.V. is currently opening occasion for those of you who are interested in becoming a part of our company specifically Makati City and its surrounding areas. For those of you who are interested to be a part of our company with the position of Engineer - Margin Optimization and able to work in the WFO (Work From Office) system with working hours.
We will openly welcome you if you meet these following criteria:
- Qualification: Not Specified
- Experienced in Manufacturing
- Honest, disciplined, and responsible
- Uphold professionalism in the work environment
We offer you a fairly competitive base salary of ₱16,000 - ₱38,000 in average and can be adjusted according to the capabilities that you offer for our company and have been negotiated under HRD agreement.
|Company||Shell Shared Services (Asia) B.V.|
|Position||Engineer - Margin Optimization|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Environment practices and procedures as outlined in the Asset Management System (AMS) Forecast Plan and Production (FPP) Procedures and Work Instructions.
- MO Engineer uses inputs from Supply and Manufacturing to develop, optimize and execute an evolving and robust refinery schedule through: Defining crude and feedstock loading/discharge programs Scheduling of process unit operations Optimizing product blending, meeting products commitment and stocks targets Logistics scheduling – pipeline, jetties
- The schedules generated must respect refinery system operating windows. The MO Engineer uses site established tools to accomplish their role. This includes use of current tools Aspen Petroleum Scheduler (APS, previously known as Orion) and CSi Spiral Crude Assay for the Crude Scheduler.
- Responsible to communicate the Refinery Schedule with Supply and Manufacturing interfaces and implementing it collaboratively. Tracks delivery and makes required adjustments.
- rudes/Feedstocks Scheduling – Schedules the arrival and delivery of crudes and feedstocks (including chemical feeds) to ensure their availability in the necessary quantities and qualities to meet commitments and product quality constraints, optimize stock and asset utilization. Takes proactive actions to mitigate the effects of the early or late arrival of shipments. The role actively contributes to Crude Acceptance Matrix (CAM) & Crude register activities.
- Process Units (PU) Scheduling – Performs PU scheduling, provides PU steers, via refinery crude/feeds programme. Issues and communicates E&S guidelines to manufacturing operations which clearly specify targets on PU intake, operating modes, run down qualities, contingency plans and utilities balances. Explains economic drivers and triggers. Takes actions to mitigate the effects of an unplanned disruptions/ shutdown. Constructs projections of intake and products/ components and balances.
- Products Scheduling – Converts the refinery Production Plan into component/product blend schedules that meet blending quality requirements while minimizing quality giveaway, stock outs and demurrage costs. Resolves prospective imbalances in components. Ensures products availability in the necessary quantities and qualities to meet commitments and stock levels. Ensures that the day-to-day orders (blend matrices) and instructions to the oil movements are prepared in conformance with the Production Plan. Uses the AMS FPP scheduling processes and tools including Aspen Multi-Blend Optimizer (MBO).
- Logistics Scheduling – Schedules the refinery jetties/pipeline transfers crudes/products discharge/loadings according to agreed nominations. Ensures right products delivery at the right time to minimize delays & reduce incidental costs e.g. demurrage costs, pipeline interface losses, refinery and supply logistics assets utilizations.
- Works with Basic Data and Economic Model Coordinator team on ways to improve how Basic Data is represent in the supply chain models.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- More than 5 years in the Oil and Gas industry with at least two years of experience in Economics and Scheduling or Process Engineering (operating refinery or petrochemicals plants preferred).
- Suitable applicants may have a scheduling and/or a general refinery technology background with some knowledge of core refinery processes and is able to understand the economics of these processes. Relevant experience in refinery technology, oil movements or supply & distribution is an advantage.
- Experience in refinery scheduling with APS/MBO (or equivalent) will be advantageous but not strictly required.
- A high level of comfort in using computer-based tools as well as unit simulators. Advanced spreadsheet skill required. Understanding of IT technologies, Data Analysis techniques, databases, and reasonable computer programming skills is a plus.
- Fully versed with MS Office suite of software (Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete and changing information and work under pressure. Strong influencing, communication, negotiation and team working skills, including an ability to deal cross-functionally and with senior management.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement
|Region||National Capital Region|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Future. Yours to make.
At Shell, we believe everyone has a part to play in the global transition to cleaner energy. We’re looking for fresh perspectives and passionate professionals who are eager to contribute and help us achieve our goals of providing more and cleaner energy solutions.
In the Philippines, our entities are Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC), Shell Pilipinas Exploration (SPEx), and Shell Business Operations (SBO) – these make up the Shell Companies in the Philippines (SCiP).
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resource, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, Technical Asset Operations, and Contracting and Procurement. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
We’re looking for qualified individuals with the drive to create significant business impact, as well as to collaborate with a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds. If you are a great team player, possess superior communication skills and problem-solving abilities, join us and see the impact that you can make across our global business.
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 15 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Loans, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Door-to-Door Shuttle for Midshift Employees, Business Casual