Cebu (Cebu City) Jobs Medical Abstractor Position at Mission Digital Health Inc.
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Medical Abstractor. For those of you who live in Cebu (Cebu City) and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, Mission Digital Health Inc., and able to under a full time working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of Healthcare & Practitioner/Medical Asst with at least Not Specified, professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from ₱16,000 - ₱38,000. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Company||Mission Digital Health Inc.|
|Region||Cebu (Cebu City)|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Healthcare, Practitioner/Medical Asst|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
PicnicHealth is a San Francisco, California-based, venture capital-funded healthcare and technology company. Our mission is to unlock the power of patient-centered medical data for better health. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, empowering them with control over their care through a personal health timeline. Through this work we’re building the data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. We’re on track for rapid growth in the next year, coming off of our recent Grand Prize finish in Google Cloud’s Machine Learning Startup Competition.
The office in Cebu, Philippines is responsible for medical record processing operations — RNs, Medical Technologists, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and non-medical representatives who work with a wide-range of medical records, creating usable databases and beautiful timelines. In addition, the Cebu office is a new tech startup office with its own challenges and opportunities — ones we feel are best addressed by a strong, local team.
We are looking for a Medical Abstractor who will lend both team members and team leaders with the needed support to enhance team efficiency in accordance with the company’s objectives.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for analyzing patient records and other medical data for patients, our partners, and medical research, using your expertise in medical terminology and coding.
* Abstract clinical information based on patients’ electronic charts which include but are not limited to specific physiological measures, interventions, and therapies performed, results of laboratory, screening, imaging, and outcomes measures as defined in the protocol(s).
* Categorize data such as hospitalization, medication details, adverse events.
* Understand diagnostic, pathology, and other reports and obtain the correct information that is required.
* Validate and/or correct completed abstraction forms.
* Examine medical charts and investigate information that might be missing.
* Enter abstracted data such as pertinent diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment data from the medical charts into a database.
* Track routine statistics, analyze variables in patients, and review data for completeness.
* Follow-up incomplete charts or data.
* Create detailed summaries of a patient’s treatment and prognosis, and organize and maintain databases.
* Use research skills to compile findings and reports that will help researchers or physicians prevent diseases or recognize common risk factors or characteristics for life-threatening diseases.
* Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time
* Knowledge of medical terminologies is essential
* Analytical skills and attention to detail are necessary to understand the medical records and determine errors or missing information.
* Technical skills with database and coding software and strong computer skills.
* Ability to understand and categorize hospitalization data, medication details, adverse events
* Ability to understand diagnostic, pathology, and other reports
* Flexibility to upskill as the tasks/process may require
* Ability to communicate one’s thoughts and ideas to a variety of audiences
* Mastery of the process and protocols
* Sound decision making and organizational skills
* Strong sense of integrity and understanding of HIPAA because medical records are highly confidential
* A graduate of allied medical courses, preferably in Nursing, Medical Technology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy
* Candidates MUST have related work experience for at least 2 years
* Clinical knowledge of medical records, labs, procedures, and medical terminology is a must
* Must have at least 10 mbps download internet speed
* Must be residing in Cebu City or nearby cities
You have to be ready to hustle! We move ** is better than perfect, and continuous improvement is important. You must be ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
|City||Cebu (Cebu City)|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
PicnicHealth is a San Francisco, California-based, venture capital-funded healthcare and technology company. Our mission is to structure the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, empowering them with control over their care through a personal health timeline. Through this work we’re building the data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. We’re on track for rapid growth in the next year, coming off of our recent Grand Prize finish in Google Cloud’s Machine Learning Startup Competition.
The office in Cebu, Philippines is responsible for medical record processing operations -- RNs, Medical Technologists, Pharmacists and Collections Agents who work with a wide-range of medical records, creating usable databases and beautiful timelines. In addition, the Cebu office is a new tech startup office with its own challenges and opportunities -- ones we feel are best addressed by a strong, local team.
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 5 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Vision, Casual (e.g. T-shirts), Monday to Friday (Night) | Tuesday to Saturday (Morning)