Cebu (Cebu City) Jobs Senior Underwriting Assistant Position at QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Hi, there! Are you that lucky person we are looking for which will join our company? We will be delighted to have you!
We are hiring for candidates in the residents of Cebu (Cebu City) and the surrounding regions, we are open recruitment for the positions as Senior Underwriting Assistant in our business office, QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH.
This is a decent opportunity for you who are willing to work under full time working hours.
Candidates with a Not Specified or even higher and greatly experienced in Admin/Human Resources & Clerical/Administrative Support are especially required. Because our company values a competitive and professional work atmosphere, the candidates we seek must be dependable, honest, disciplined, and diligent.
We can offer you a salary that is generally between ₱16,000 - ₱38,000, which is competitive and reasonable. But no need to be worry! If you are beyond our expectations and dedicated to bringing our company to be much better with the credibility that you can offer, the salary range is negotiable and also can be changed according to our company HRD agreement.
|Company||QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH|
|Position||Senior Underwriting Assistant|
|Region||Cebu (Cebu City)|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Admin/Human Resources, Clerical/Administrative Support|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Time Type: Full timeWorker Type: EmployeeUnderwriting assistant will be responsible for: 1. Reach out to brokers on behalf of underwriters for outstanding subjectivities which may include processing and sending Broker of Record (BOR) letters 2. Resolve all billing issues with accounting discrepancies for payment/cancellation/late notice (reach out to broker on behalf of underwriter if needed) 3. Review primary/underlying policies received from broker for excess policies 4. Issuance of invoice when account is issued outside of standard systems 5. Ensure that timelines are met within 24 hours specially on loss runs, renewal application, endorsements, invoices, policies on rush request 6. Research and gather all pertinent information using process knowledge and judgment before coordinating with underwriters and brokersThe role will be a more experienced Underwriting Assistant that will be exposed to global Underwriting teams.
• Build and maintain relationships with brokers, coordinating work transactions via phone and email
•Coordinate with underwriting areas to research and manage miscellaneous reports needed in the underwriting process
•Initiate and oversee training of new UAs in all locations including onshore
•Provide recommendations on business improvement (e.g. opportunity on TAT/SLA)
•Maintain product, system and process knowledge
•Ensure compliance with QBE policies, procedures and relevant legislations
•Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
•Establish and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders
•Resolve escalated complaints in a timely manner
•Monitor all pending items from brokers and clients for existing policies by following required processes and guidelines to support business strategy
•Assist with new submission reviews, buyer research and underwriting model completion by applying sound judgment to minimize risk and contribute to business growth
•Assist with the preparation of binder and policy documents by adhering to deadlines and guidelines to send complete and accurate details to broker
•Issuance of policies (MOP and WINS systems)
•Track new and pending claims status by liaising between the company and broker to contribute to the underwriting planning process
•Ensure accuracy on processing transactions
•Focus on accuracy and adhere to state regulatory requirements
•Take and resolve escalations in relation to the process
•Prepare, update and proof read new and existing process desktop procedures (DTPs) and reports
•Allocate workload if necessary
•Manage workflow and ad-hoc requests including reporting performance dashboards and KPIs
•Conduct training needs of existing team and new hires if necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3 years relevant experience
• Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups to settle differences
•Use multiple resources to gather and analyze information and use logic to address work-related
•issues and problems
•with minimum noise
•Proficient verbal and written communication skills
•Proficiency in MS tools
•Excellent customer service focus
•Analytical and problem Solving skills
•Keen to details
•Administration and Organisation skills
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•Adaptable to change in a high changing environment
• Understanding of products and procedures and services offered by QBE NA
•Fundamental knowledge on customer service
•Basic knowledge on insurance preferred
QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only – Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• Individual Contributor
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click “Apply” and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
|City||Cebu (Cebu City)|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 17,00 people in 38 countries.
Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business.
In the Philippines, QBE Group Shared Services Centre (GSSC) was incorporated in February 2013 as an integral part of the QBE strategy. Currently, it has locations in Manila and Cebu with over 3,200 employees. The GSSC provides a comprehensive range of Insurance Services to QBE’s customers and brokers across geographies (Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific) such as underwriting support, policy servicing, claims, credit control and customer service. It also provides various knowledge processing services such as Finance, Technology, HR Delivery, Data Analytics and Reporting to QBE Businesses globally.
QBE GSSC in the Community
The GSSC Foundation was established in 2014, extending QBE’s long history of corporate social responsibility to the Philippines. It mirrors QBE’s insurance role in the community to assist people in need.
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 9 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Business (e.g. Shirts), Regular working hours with varied work schedules