Senior University Legal Counsel Vacancies at Ateneo de Manila University
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
As a competent company, we Ateneo de Manila University are looking for candidates for the position of senior university legal counsel with work system. We are looking for candidates who uphold honesty and discipline at work, with minimum criteria Not Specified, experienced in Services & Lawyer/Legal Asst and domiciled in Quezon & Quezon City and surrounding areas.
Our company offers competitive salary that can be adjusted to how skilled the capability of interested candidates will be, with monthly base salary ₱16,000 - ₱38,000 in accordance with the decisions of our company's HRD.
|Company||Ateneo de Manila University|
|Position||Senior University Legal Counsel|
|Region||Quezon, Quezon City|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work|
|Specialization Required||Lawyer/Legal Asst, Services|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Under the supervision of the Director of the University Legal and Compliance Office (ULCO), the Senior University Legal Counsel shall be responsible for providing legal and compliance support specifically to the assigned unit (with supplementary support to other units) in order to mitigate legal risks and ensure legal compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enable the key administrators of the assigned unit to make strategic decisions by providing legal know-how to mitigate potential legal problems and ensure compliance with relevant laws
- Draft and recommend policies, programs, and protocols to manage the legal and compliance risks of the assigned units
- Prepare a wide variety of written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written references, conveying information, and/or supporting presentations concerning policy and procedure changes
- Collaborate with external stakeholders in providing input to national or local legislation that impacts the University’s operations
- Provide guidance to the University in effecting policy changes in the assigned unit that may impact other units of the University
- Advocate and collaborate with internal stakeholders in introducing and adopting policy changes to address legal issues
- Provide input to the Internal Audit and Financial Risk Management Office and to the President on the regulatory and compliance aspects of the assigned unit’s operations
- Legal advice on operational and transactional matters
- Evaluate complex and volatile situations with legal implications, and recommend the best option available for the assigned unit /University administration
- Research and evaluate different risk factors pertaining to legal exposures in transactional and operational matters
- Provide accurate and timely legal advice to key administrators of the assigned unit on a variety of legal concerns, including labor and immigration law, administrative proceedings, torts, and damages, education law, corporation law, commercial and construction law, tax and finance law, intellectual property law, and data privacy
- Provide the assigned unit administration with information or updates on laws and issuances that require compliance by the assigned unit
- Prepare legal communications on behalf of the assigned unit
- Draft and/or review agreements, contracts, and other legal documents entered into by the University, through the assigned unit, to ensure the University’s legal compliance and protect the University’s rights and interests
- Review external and internal communications of the assigned unit to ensure that information is conveyed in a legally-compliant manner
- Represent the assigned unit in internal and external activities requiring legal representation (e.g., consultations, workshops, conferences, etc.).
- Represent the assigned unit in administration and negotiations with internal and external constituents
- Where circumstances warrant, represent the assigned unit (therefore the University) in the direct handling of certain legal proceedings
- Manage a range of legal disputes involving a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Review complaints involving acts of misconduct or disciplinary offenses by employees in the assigned unit and provide legal guidance on handling the investigative and disciplinary processes
- Identify disputes that are appropriate for mediation and recommend referral to alternative dispute settlement
- Identify critical disputes that have a high potential for litigation and determine the necessity for referral to external counsel in preparation for possible lawsuits
- Initiate programs and activities to promote a corporate culture that maintains the highest possible standards of legal and regulatory compliance
- Identify and train key personnel to perform paralegal services
- Design and implement training and information sessions to raise awareness and compliance with laws, other governmental issuances, and University/school policies, rules, and regulations
- Develop information, education, and communication tools to communicate the legal responsibilities of a variety of constituents
- Manage external legal services
- Establish and implement protocols for identifying and vetting external counsels and referring legal matters involving the assigned unit to external counsel, including matters that require legal advice or intervention from experts in specialized areas of law
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation system to ensure quality and cost-efficient services of external counsel with regard to legal matters involving the assigned unit
- Review and monitor the assigned unit’s budgets for engaging services of external legal counsel
- Coordinate, whenever necessary, with the assigned units on legal matters
- Attend various meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Develop and implement a case/legal intervention management system to document the legal requirements of the assigned unit and ensure responsiveness to the assigned unit’s needs for legal services
- Represent key administrators of the assigned unit in communicating sensitive, controversial, and complex messages of a legal nature to internal stakeholders, and coordinate the exchange of information on such matters with the assigned unit
- Provide input to the University Marketing and Communication Office on the legal aspects of communications with external stakeholders
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Region||National Capital Region|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
To understand the soul of the Ateneo de Manila University -- what shaped it and where it came from, where it is going and where it can take you -- it is essential to understand its motto, Lux in Domino, or "Light in the Lord." From the letter of St. Paul to the Ephesians (5:8), these words capture the spirit of a way of life which the Ateneo holds up to her sons and daughters as their best contribution to the work by which God transforms the world. To be "light in the Lord" in all fullness demands moving insistently and deliberately towards God as the center of a person's life, identifying the issues that such a centering poses, and then moving out to the world to find ever new ways of constructing the edifice, cultivating the garden, painting the masterpiece, that God is unfolding in one's life. It is a call to BE that light of the Lord in the world. This year the Ateneo de Manila University celebrates its 152nd anniversary and marks 152 years of the return of Jesuit Education to the Philippines in December.
- Industry: Education
- Company Size: 1001 - 2000 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Governent Mandatories Benefits and University Benefits, Business Attire, Monday to Saturday (44 hrous work week)